|1. What kind of company set up is suitable for me if i am in trading business?
A private limited company or what we called "Sdn.Bhd" is suitable for a trading business. It is the most common type of business set up for foreigner in Malaysia who intend to do any other business such as services or consultancy.
On the other hand, if the company is manufacturing in nature but is not sure of the market opportunity and wish to have a loose set up where the company does not incur too much capital investment but at the same time need time to survey the market in Malaysia, you can opt for a Representative /Regional Office status with the Malaysia Industrial Development Authority /Ministry of Finance. The status if granted is for two year and can be renewed for further two years when needed. It is only available to company who has already existence in home country and wish to extend operation in Malaysai in future.
2. How to set up a private limited company and how long does it take?
The procedures for direct incorporation start with the search of name with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM). We would expect 3 names ( in priority order) so that we could save time by submitting three choices of names to the Registerar in case one or the other is rejected. Once approval is received on the name of the company, the pre-incorporation documents would be prepared and lodge in with CCM. CCM will usually require one day to approve and issue the Certificate of Incorporation. In other words, the company can be incorporated within 1 week and the company can commence business immediately with the Certificate.
For the purpose of incorporation, the company would require to provide one resident and two shareholders (which can be two individuals or one individual and one corporatino). Resident directors mean Malaysians or foreigner with work permits.
3. Why would I use your service in company incorporation?
We have been established providing the service for the past 10 years. You would not go wrong far engaging a company which has served its clients continuously for the years. References are available upon request. Below are some of the other reasons why you should appoint us to be your company secretary:
- We have a team of professionals and chartered accountants who can help you make the right decision in a head start for your company in terms of cost savings and taxation.
- We are company accredited with ISO 9001, a standard we are proud to be associated with to serve our customer better with excellence and professionalism.
- We are a one stop centre to foreign investors where we hold their hands all the way from company formation, licensing of business, work permits to accounting and taxation services.
4. Is it easy to wind up the company if we decide to do so?
Yes, if the company has not liabilities or assets, you can wind up the company under Section 308 of Companies Act which is to strike off the company from the register in the Companies Commission of Malaysia. Please refer to note on the same page on Strike Off process.